Apr 29, 2016
“Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.” — Charles Dickens
Friends and regular readers know I love to “nest.” My home is my sanctuary and the foundation for much of my sanity and calmness. However, what if I didn’t have that? Here in the “first world” we often forget that many of our fellow human beings don’t have even the basics…forget not being able to afford a new car or a kitchen upgrade…they have neither cars nor kitchens.
Yesterday, I attended a fundraiser for a local Albuquerque nonprofit, Saranam. They’re taking an unusual and effective approach to homelessness. They provide not only housing, but education and a community. It’s a
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Do Good Do Well: The Power of Home
- The “So What” Test for Entrepreneurs
- Mindful Monday: “Be cheerful, live your life”
- Do You Even Need Social Media in Your Biz Mix?
- Social Media Isn’t Marketing.
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Mindful Mondays
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes