Jul 29, 2015
This keeps coming up as I travel around the interwebs and attend meetings…so, from the archives.
...Well, it can be cheap, but it ain’t easy…
Recently, I once again heard “You only pay for what you get!” and “You can cancel any time!” and “You can adjust the ads as you go!” Which is all well and good, but Google ads, like any other form of advertising, is both an art and a science.
And depending on what you pay and the ad text, you may never actually show up, at least not on the first page of search. It’s like the old-style ads—you pay for placement. If you’re an accountant, for example, KPMG’s deep pockets may well trump you.
As for the art and science….Two examples from Amazon.
I searched on “cat stomach medicine” and this
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Advertise with Google! It’s Simple! It’s Cheap! It’s Easy! (Not)
- But what if your customers will BUY a faster horse?
- The Illusion of “Incremental” Changes
- Can You Grow Out of (in) a Stagnant Market?
- The Not-So-Secret Reasons Secret Failed
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes