Apr 22, 2014
Recently, I was discussing next steps with an entrepreneur. Cool product. “Why didn’t I think of that?” Smart people. Tons of international market potential. Already moving ahead…but not exactly sure where “ahead” was leading.
So, we had a brief conversation about needing mind share before market share.
Couple of basics:
1. Anyone can sell one of anything to somebody.
2. Customers may love the idea…and then will never pay for the actual product. (And if you talked about it with them six months ago…they may well have moved on to something else…not so excited anymore.)
So, that international market potential is awfully sexy...but...see #1 and #2 above. I’d submit you need to sell some, not just one to a handful of name
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Mind Share Before Market Share
- Tough Love for Entrepreneurs—Three Tips
- Three Things A Customer Service Rep Should Never Say
- A Reality Check: Super Bowl Ads
- Here’s a Wild Idea: Make Products, Not Ads.
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes