Dec 17, 2013
I spend a lot of time with wanna-be and real entrepreneurs. How can you tell the difference? Attitude. Starting and sustaining a successful business is hard as hell. There are no five simple steps. There is no free money. There are no easy sales (at least not at first.)
The wanna-be: “The state doesn’t provide any help.” Yes, “the state” asks questions like, “How many jobs do you create?” “What is your potential revenue?” etc. There really is no such thing as “free money” and the government (federal, state or local) doesn’t simply give it away, regardless of the perky robocalls you get on your voice mail or the ads you see online.
The real deal: “I’ve got five con calls today with potential investors. If one says ‘no’ someone
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Failure is a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Do Your Connections Have Value?
- Why Facebook Should’ve Hired Me (A Long Time Ago)
- The Two Reasons I’m a Comcast Customer (Again)
- Three Warning Signs of Silo Syndrome
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes