Oct 16, 2014
From Email Etiquette, Business 2 Community
Is email really the right communication method? Just because it’s the easiest doesn’t always mean it’s the best. Any major problem or issue is best resolved either face to face, or on the phone. If the person sits next to you or down the hall, get out of your chair and go talk to them. If you need to have the discussion captured in writing, send a follow-up note.
And haven’t we all sent flamers? In fact, back in my corporate days, there was even a flame icon you could put on your Lotus emails. I sent my share of those, much to my chagrin (now). (And typing speed is not always your friend. I can flame out in about ten seconds.) I was working in a high-pressure, highly toxic company, but
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- What Everyone Knows About Good Ol’ Email (or not)
- Markets, Markets, Markets EVERYWHERE!
- Advertise with Google! It’s Simple! It’s Cheap! It’s Easy! (Not)
- Want To Be a Better Marketer? Write.
- Five Things “Everyone Knows” About Online Marketing (or not)
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes