Sep 16, 2015
If - after months of effort - you find yourself saying one or more of the following:
“They just don’t understand how our product can…(cure cancer, make their teeth whiter, solve world hunger…)
“They just don’t understand our value proposition.”
“They just don’t understand our pricing model.”
Stop! If customers “just don’t understand” - it’s not their problem. It’s also not their job to buy your product, make you profitable, or grok your models or value proposition - particularly if you’re actually saying “pricing model” or “value proposition” to them. Ack!
Don’t “educate” your customer. Go where they already are. How are they doing things today? How can you easily fit into their comfort and/or happiness zone? (Comfort and
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Stop “Educating” Your Customer.
- Nobody Cares What “I” Want or Think.
- “WHY CAN’T THEY JUST TELL THE STORY??!!!!”
- Advertise with Google! It’s Simple! It’s Cheap! It’s Easy! (Not)
- But what if your customers will BUY a faster horse?
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes