Oct 22, 2014
Pivot—What all entrepreneurs should be able to do when their original idea doesn’t work.
I just returned from Las Cruces, where my client, The Loan Fund, had a celebratory lunch for their 25th anniversary at The Beverly Hills Hall. So? What’s interesting about that? An event hall—lots of those around. Then I met Victor Perez, the owner (and TLF client). Talking about his family, he said “We’ve got entrepreneurship in our blood.” He told me how his grandparents started the biz back in the 40s—digging out sand and gravel from the arroyo and then driving the loaded dump truck to White Sands missile range. (Yes. They sold sand to White Sands.) From that one dump truck, they built a thriving cement plant business. Then, as such things
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- Pivot! Dump Trucks to Dance Hall
- What Everyone Knows About Good Ol’ Email (or not)
- Markets, Markets, Markets EVERYWHERE!
- Advertise with Google! It’s Simple! It’s Cheap! It’s Easy! (Not)
- Want To Be a Better Marketer? Write.
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes