Jun 22, 2015
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”—Henry Ford
Of course, this quote has also been used by entrepreneurs as an excuse for ignoring market reality. (It’s a GREAT idea!” Everyone SHOULD love it! Who needs a business plan? Or a market analysis? We HAVE no competition! LET’s GO!”)
And, I’m all for wild ideas and out-of-the-box thinking. Once upon a time, I’m sure the general consensus was that newfangled fire thing would never catch on…and what’s with that big round gizmo that rolls? Who needs that?
However, whatever the idea—wild or otherwise—when all is said and done, someone has to buy it. And buy more than one.
And what if your customers are perfectly happy with their “horses” and, yes,
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- But what if your customers will BUY a faster horse?
- The Illusion of “Incremental” Changes
- Can You Grow Out of (in) a Stagnant Market?
- The Not-So-Secret Reasons Secret Failed
- You Can Sell One of Anything
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes