Apr 27, 2016
In talking with entrepreneur clients, I often do a bit of tough love and give them the “so what” test. (Better to hear from me than a potential investor or customer.)
If you’re thinking about starting a new biz or have a cool new invention - before you max out the credit cards, quit your job or clean out the kids’ college fund - think about how you would answer the following:
1. “I’ve got a great _________! Nobody else can do it.” So What? What problem does it solve? Do people recognize they have a problem? Or, that they really want to do whatever? - remember, automobiles and phones were both initially dismissed as fads.
Some technology, while feasible, can be so far ahead of its time, the inventor is long dead before
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- The “So What” Test for Entrepreneurs
- Mindful Monday: “Be cheerful, live your life”
- Do You Even Need Social Media in Your Biz Mix?
- Social Media Isn’t Marketing.
- Mindful Monday: Sometimes I’m Not Okay and Neither Are You.
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Mindful Mondays
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes