Feb 12, 2015
In working with clients to get products to market, I go through a series of reality checks. And, one of the hardest realities is that you really can sell one of anything…to somebody. The “trick” (and how you build a sustainable business) is selling more than one, over and over.
So, here are some of the reality check questions we work through.
1. What makes your product better than others already on the market? Is it a lot better? How? Can we translate that into value? How can we displace products already out there with target channels?
2. What’s your pricing model? If you’re going through third parties, you need to build in margin at every level, with very conservative cost and revenue projections. Better to be pleasantly surprised
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- You Can Sell One of Anything
- Why You Shouldn’t Hire Me To “Do” Your Social Media Strategy
- Life Changers—Small Things Make a Big Difference
- The Only New Year Resolution Needed
- When was the last time you closed a deal in an elevator?
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes