Dec 01, 2014
...or even talked to anyone? Mostly we all stare forward, working hard to avoid eye contact. Maybe we do one of the closed mouth Buddha half-smiles as people enter…but that’s pretty much it. Of course, “elevator pitch” is shorthand for encapsulating your key selling points into a few words of sheer, unforgettable brilliance. Here’s a sanity check for you. In the last meeting where everyone was asked to stand and speak their bit—how many did you remember? Or were you busy obsessing about your bit? Exactly.
“But what I found is that in many situations, an elevator pitch comes across as stilted. It’s as if for 30 seconds a casual, messy conversation between two people is interrupted for the broadcast of a well-crafted commercial. My
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- When was the last time you closed a deal in an elevator?
- “We owe you an apology, Mary, about social media.”
- Is The Internet Dead?
- Are You Dealing With “Needflation?”
- Coffee Shop Marketing or F2F (Almost) Always Works.
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes