May 20, 2014
No. Really, I will tell you all the reasons to not hire me. (And I loathe the word “consultant.” Always have. But…) For example:
At your stage in development, you’re better served by spending the money on actual sales efforts, improving your product, traveling to meet with customers, etc. (Customer meetings and biz networking are two of the best “marketing” tactics. Of course, you need to do some upfront qualification and set goals for yourself.). I’ve refunded retainers before—rent comes before advice. If your doors aren’t open, you sure can’t sell anything.
You don’t need a consultant. You need a good accountant…or attorney…or procurement specialist…or…(I don’t need any more consultants! I need people who do things!. True quote
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- I’m the World’s Worst “Consultant.”
- The BIG Marketing Secret!!!
- Mind Share Before Market Share
- Tough Love for Entrepreneurs—Three Tips
- Three Things A Customer Service Rep Should Never Say
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes