Aug 04, 2015
I recently discovered the author Michael Sears and his Jason Stafford series of Wall Street-themed mysteries. Stafford has an autistic 6-year-old son…who somehow, in the second book of the series, ended up attending one of those way overblown Broadway musical spectacles. The little guy starts to melt down and screams “WHY CAN’T THEY JUST TELL THE STORY??!!!” Now, can’t we all relate to THAT plea?
Look, I love words. I even love complex sentences and big words. But, less is often more. This goes for any kind of writing, but especially in business. And, on the web we’ve all the got the attention span of a spastic squirrel.
Just tell the story. Your customers will be very grateful…and may even buy from you sooner rather than later.
Contact Mary Schmidt Today!
- “WHY CAN’T THEY JUST TELL THE STORY??!!!!”
- Advertise with Google! It’s Simple! It’s Cheap! It’s Easy! (Not)
- But what if your customers will BUY a faster horse?
- The Illusion of “Incremental” Changes
- Can You Grow Out of (in) a Stagnant Market?
- Brain Food
- Do Good. Do Well.
- Start-Up Sanity Checks
- Marketing Troubleshooting
- Pet Peeves
- Social Media Reality Checks
- Web Bytes